The Friends of St Mary’s Charlcombe actively provide support in many ways and also do a lot of fund-raising. We recognise the part St Mary’s has in the life of the community. Some of us do not worship regularly in the church but enjoy it being there and being a place of great stillness and solace. Others of us, living locally, organise the opening rota so that the church can be available to anyone during the day.
We have a committee and plan our programme for the year. This normally includes:
- a barbecue in the summer, most recently on 2nd July 2022.
- several illustrated talks
- several craft stalls throughout the year
We also raise money for specific projects. Examples of these are:
- repairs to the organ
- providing cushions for meditators
- funding the new design for the Garden of Remembrance.
To join the friends please pick up a form in the church or click here to send an email.